Cat

Cat
A friend of mine was putting up with my creativity and she ended up like this..

tirsdag, april 20, 2010

Favorite photographers

There's so many talented and amazing photographers - from fashion photographers to war photographers. I have many favorites, but I wanted to pick 3 to show the absolute favorites!

Annie Leibovitz

Annie Leibovitz has been working for some impressive magazines and has shot pictures of for example The Rolling Stones, John Lennon and the English queen. She has been hired by Disney to do a series of photographs with celebrities in various roles and scenes for their 'Year of Million Dreams' campaign. I love her style, her light and all her work! She is my number one photographer!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Leibovitz

Steve McCurry
Steve McCurry was one of the first photographers I came to know, and that happened through his very famous 'Girl with green eyes' from 1984. I love this picture, but I love even more that he in 2002 found her again, and once again took her portrait - it's a life revealed.

http://www.stevemccurry.com/main.php

Diane Arbus
Diane Arbus was a genius. Her pictures show people who live on the edge of social acceptance, and she questioned 'normal' and was devoted to transvestites, midgets, people on the street etc.

"Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. [These people] were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats."

http://photography-now.net/listings/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=350&Itemid=334

1 kommentar:

  1. *Austin* is actually being really weird. And I have so many boy issues that you're focus would probably be a life saver. I love the 'Girl with Green Eyes' here. People used to say we had the same color eyes. Fantastic taste!

    SvarSlet