Cat

Cat
A friend of mine was putting up with my creativity and she ended up like this..

mandag, april 19, 2010

Expressive fruit

Strawberry Fields

Origin

Hello hello and happy monday :)
I've been working with fruit, and been coming up with different ideas to express feelings and moods.

Strawberry fields is inspired by the Beatles of course. The songs has been interpreted many times, but I think that strawberry fields are a state of mind, which you turn to in pain and agony. A state of mind were you are numb - and in the indifference is living and surviving along side your troubles. Strawberry fields was the name of the Salvation Army Children's Home near John Lennon's childhood home. Another reason to believe that it's a place you go to live - trying to forget were you're coming from.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out.
It doesn't matter much to me.

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever."

Wanna read more about the song?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Fields_Forever

Origin is about a special feeling. The confusing feeling you get when you're growing up in two different cultures. I myself has two different background parents, which were hard to merge - and therefore I've been raised as two kind of people. So you grow up not really knowing who you are and were you belong. Are you an orange or an apple? You're neither - you're in the in-between.

What do you think of the idea, showing feelings through fruit??





4 kommentarer:

  1. jeg kan rigtig godt li' din idé og finder det overraskende og meget udtryksfuldt - genialt :)

    SvarSlet
  2. Hiya :)
    I love your cool strawberry picture, I love strawberries ;)

    SvarSlet
  3. Tak Bentekamma for de mange søde ord! Og tak fordi du følger mig som den første :D

    SvarSlet
  4. Thank you Yohanna - glad you liked the picture :)

    SvarSlet